- Just posted at the Boston Review: Contending with Ruin: Matt Donovan interviewed by Dana Levin.
- A Cloud of Unusual Size and Shape: Meditations on Ruin and Redemption is now available from Trinity University Press on April 12th, 2016.
- The collaborative chamber opera Inheritance received a 2016 Creative Capital Award. The work will premiere in 2018.
- My collection of poems - Rapture & the Big Bam - has been selected as the winner of the 2015 Snowbound Poetry Chapbook award by poet and essayist Lia Purpura. The collection will appear in 2017.
- "Almost a Full Year of Stone, Light, and Sky" - a long lyric essay about the Pantheon in Rome - is forthcoming in Blackbird this spring.
- "Garden of the Fugitives" - an essay about the plaster body casts of Pompeii - will be published by The Kenyon Review in the Spring 2015 issue.
(from the American Academy of Rome School of Fine Arts Index)
(from the American Academy in Rome, November 17, 2011)